I embarked on a training course back in 2000. During my training, I had to attend several experiential days and many weekends which gave me a huge self awareness and understanding of myself. This together with my serious commitment to training enabled me to become a successful counsellor.
I studied the Carl Rogers Person Centred Approach which encompasses the 3 Core Conditions of Congruence (genuineness, openness & honesty), Empathy (the ability to walk in someone elses world) and Unconditional Positive Regard (non judgemental and respecting feelings).
Part of the course criteria was to personally receive 40 hours of Person Centred Counselling, which I far exceeded. This counselling has enabled me to explore my own awareness in safety and I believe that this gave me the ability to stay with what my clients bring and also gave me an insight of what environment to offer; allowing me to tap into my own resources.
My training has enabled me to become aware of my own prejudices so that I do not stereotype people as I believe each person is an individual and every situation is unique and different. My beliefs of counselling are to encourage the client to work out their own solution, responding and relating when appropriate, so the client can make their own decisions and by not giving advice, it enables each client to take responsibility for themselves rather than become dependent. I trust the client to know what is right for them, accepting where my clients are.
I offer Supervision and also would like to work with trainee counsellors who require therapy as part of their course requirements.
?Couple Counselling All too often today couples feel that relationships are just too much hard work, but how would you feel if you could turn that around; after all you've already invested so much of yourself why throw that away? Counselling helps to understand the behaviour of your partner, husband or wife and find a way to work differently. In my sessions you will learn to hear each other, respect each other, set boundaries, come to agreements and learn how to be intimate again. In some cases one or both of you might have decided to end the relationship and just need the safety of a mediator in order to have your feelings and opinions heard and find a way to work towards an amicable separation.
I have a vast amount of experience working with couples and I welcome working with you please contact me for a brief discussion on 07941961351
Mid-life Crisis is something which is real and affects many people (male & female).
Menopause (when menstration stops forever) often referred to as "the change". For most women it means much more than this. The psychological difficulties this causes are enormous. I believe the hardest is for those women who are classed as too young to be experiencing the menopause This is actually called the Peri-menapause (when estrogen levels start to drop). My experience of this is that it is often the denial of these symptoms which is the most detrimental. Studies show that often women are in denial of of the onset of menopause. I help women to come to terms and embrace the new phase of their lives, just as we did when we were teenagers, many of us struggled with the change form child to young adult.
I empower my clients.
I have been in private practice for over nine years; in that time I have had many successes across a wide range of issues.
- Group Facilitator with Graham Falconer (12 Week Course) April 2003
- Regular Group Facilitation (between 12 to 30 participants) at experiential weekends
- Tutoring at St Ivo community Education Introduction to Counselling NVQ Level 2
- Over seven years Counselling with AICH (Advice, Information & Counselling in Huntingdon) Counselling young people between the ages of 14-24
- Currently Volunteer Counsellor with YMCA offering free counselling to young people between the ages of 14-25
- Attendance at numerous experiential workshops in addition to those of the course requirements, which included 12 residential weekend experiential; and in excess of 35 weekend experiential (8 Days)
- Whilst with Huntingdonshire District Council I was a member of their First Contact listening and support services.
- I have been in private practice for 9 years
- Currently working towards Accreditation
- Fully supervised which keeps both the client and myself safe
- I continually receive training for a vast number of issues and this keeps me up-to-date with changes in the profession and enables me to grow and expand my experience and knowledge.
- Qualified RICTAR Practitioner
- CRB checked(Criminal Records Bureau)
- Over 950 counselling contact hours which means lots of experience over a very wide rang of issues.
- First Aid Trained
* Discount only available when all 10 sessions are paid in full.